FAQ - Frequently asked questions
You get the ‘best price’ by booking the cottage online via our own website. Our website handles all reservation transactions; we process all credit card transactions in a secure environment.
You must be 25 or older. Mira Cottage will not tolerate any loud or disruptive behaviour on the property.
No. The prices on the webpage are final.
Arrival from 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Departure until 12:00 pm
Our regular check-in time is after 4.00 pm. Please call or email us first. You may arrive earlier if an early check-in has been pre-arranged in advance.
We like to greet our guests in person to take a tour through the cottage and to hand over the key. We’re living 15 min away, please call us at 902-322-2211 if you’re getting late.
No damage security deposit is requested; however, Tenant agrees to pay any reasonable damage amount charged by Landlord to recompense any damage directly caused by Tenant.
As we are a small accommodation, late cancellations and no-shows really affect our business, therefore our deposit and cancellation policy is as follows:
- We require a deposit of 10% that will be charged to your credit card upon booking, the deposit is non refundable.
- Cancellations with more than 30 days notice – full refund less deposit.
- Cancellations less than 30 days notice the guest will be charged with the total price.
Mira Cottage can accommodate 4 persons. Children 14 and older are welcome.
We can’t allow pets in the Cottage.
Yes. Mira Cottage has an EV Level 2 Charger.
Only your personal belongings. Mira Cottage is fully equipped with bed linen, towels and all kitchen utensils.
Mira Cottage will be handed over cleaned and will be cleaned again by us after your departure. Daily cleaning / cleaning service is therefore not included. Guests are responsible for keeping the cottage clean. Cleaning equipment and supplies are available in the cottage. Tenant agrees to dispose of food scraps and garbage.
Please check the ‘information folder’ in the cottage.
If there is a problem when you arrive at the cottage or throughout your stay, please contact us to let us know so we can rectify the problem for you.
Phone Bridget: 902-322-2211, Joe 902-577-8973
Our well water can be consumed as drinking water. It is excellent water with a high alkaline reading and thus has a very soft feeling.
Yes. Mira Cottage has complementary wireless Internet access.
A small grocery store is located in Marion Bridge (4 Min).
Sydney is only 15 minutes away for shopping, visiting museums, restaurants, concerts, cinemas, playing golf or strolling along the harbour front. Enjoy a variety of gastronomy, often with live music.
We don’t have TV but we do have NT (Nature Vision). Relax and use the days at Mira Cottage to “switch off” – and not only the TV!
- Please do not wear street shoes in the house.
- Please leave the house key in the cottage upon departure.
- Please do not remove the insect screens on the windows. When balcony doors are open, please leave the insect screen doors always closed so that squirrels and other animals cannot find their way into the house.
- Mira Cottage has its own well for water supply and a small sewage treatment plant. Please use only the
toilet paper provided. Furthermore, please do not dispose any other hygiene items, chemicals or other waste
in the sink or the toilet, otherwise the system can become blocked and damaged.
- The same applies to cooking. Do not dispose of fats / oils in the sink or the toilet.
We are a non-smoking home. Pets not allowed.